Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Magic Carpet Ride

I recently went to Disneyland where "dreams come true!" It is a magical place of happiness and complete fantasy. All put in this box of wonder for children to discover and explore. As we grow older we become disappointed that those dreams never came true quite as we imagined.  I was reminded over the weekend about all those dreams that I had. Life was so simple and easy and everything would always work out. You can choose to let the past drag you down and dream of the day when all your dreams come true or you can choose to be present. Letting the past guide you to not making the same mistakes, allowing your dreams of the future to push you and then becoming present in the moment as you live each moment fully. 





There is nothing wrong with having dreams and escaping to that dream world. Each time you step onto your yoga mat make that your magic carpet ride. Dream world will take you so far in life, then life sets in and the dream fades. I wanted prince Ali to come swoop in and save me. Today, all I want is to help change people from the inside out. All the other things will happen when the time is right. 

Live the life you imagine on your mat. Do what you can on that mat to make a positive statement towards your goals. When life is down, put the effort in to your practice to clear the mind and reset the body. When everything is going great, show that in your practice. Allow your practice to touch others and spread that contagious energy.


Being on the mat has taught me that the teacher has control, not me. That I am there for 90 minutes to breathe no matter what asana I am in. I can stand on my hands or lay on my back and my mind will stay clear and focused. My breath will not waiver. That is yoga. On the mat, off the mat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment