Sunday, November 18, 2012

Starting Over--Finding Joy Afterall

We all have this spark within us, that thing that ignites us, for me it is gymnastics. This is one of my childhood hero's. I meet so many people that used to find joy in their job or their family and they are forgetting why they ever loved it at all.
Please watch both of the attached clips.


years later, here is Vanessa...


Vanessa had quit gymnastics after not making the olympic trials and gave all of her money to other people. She felt that it was "dirty" and she did not deserve it because other people made her feel guilty for not making the olympics. I was never at the caliber of competition that Vanessa was at and I can only imagine how difficult that stress and pressure must have been. I see people all the time that are stuck in the past. They were this, they used to be so happy, or they just talk about the past as if that is all that life is supposed to be. I see no life in their eyes. Yoga brought that spark back into my eyes, that drive to enjoy life again. It made me want to get out of bed in the morning and spread my joy for life into the world. That fire never dies within us, you can find joy in other people being happy. For me and Vanessa, to perform for an audience of one is enough. It makes me happy to be upside down walking on my hands. That is me. What makes you happy when no one is looking, gives you joy unspeakable?

No comments:

Post a Comment