Tuesday, June 11, 2013

popeye wins!

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." --Hippocrates

I was asked the other day what the difference was between spinach and kale. Never really paid much attention to the difference but would alternate eating them in my diet. So I looked it up.


Kale

36 Calories
2.6g Fiber
2.5g Protein
93.6g Calcium
296.4mg Potassium
6% DV of Iron





Spinach

41 Calories
4.3g Fiber
5.3g Protein
244.8g Calcium
838.8mg Potassium
36% DV of Iron


While they are both GOOD for you. I am all about getting the most from what I eat. I think kale is a little harder for my body to digest and thus expending more energy to process it. I think of nutrition the same way I look at life. You have to mix up your diet all the time. You need to eat a variety of foods, complete your diet with a balance of veggies and fruit, protein, carbohydrates and fats. You can eat your piece of cake and spinach too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment