Thursday, June 20, 2013

BiG

 I always imagined that I would do something BIG. I would be important. I would change the lives of others. But what defines BIG? Why was it so important to me? Why did people tell me to dream big? And, if we all do something BIG, is it still BIG?

I started writing this in my journal last week. I was reflecting on goals that I had even as far back as childhood. When I was 9, I wanted to be an Olympian. When I was 13, I wanted to be a federal agent. In college I was studying to be an accountant. In this current moment, I am teaching yoga, writing a blog and enjoy living by the beach with amazing friends. 

Big goals are great to set and even more when they are achieved. But what am I doing today that will impact that goal tomorrow? I think we all want to make a big impact in the world, there is nothing wrong with that. Yet, each day I need to set out and let the little steps take me towards the larger goals. If I cannot inspire one person today how will I ever inspire millions of people in the future.



Your ultimate purpose is to be. To be present, to be aware, to be loved. And to show that to others in return. That is why my blog exists. To share. To inspire. To grow. To one person, and then to hundreds, thousands, millions, billions and then to infinity. And it started with one simple mission.

Give.
Live.
Love.
The End.



No comments:

Post a Comment