Monday, July 1, 2013

Blood Battle

I am a firm believer in listening to your body. I was sitting outside people watching, listening to children as they walked by, some complained, some cried. One refused to eat. I had just picked up this article about eating for your blood type and so I went home and re-read the article. I thought about when I was a child, all the times my parents would make me eat certain foods because they are good for you. I, of course, thought that candy was a food group and sour patch kids was a great appetizer for all meals. I would eat those, then eat oh about two bites of food and then leave to go outside and play. 

So I looked at the article at my blood type. I am O positive, fairly common blood type. Here is what it said:

Character Traits: Focused, leader, energetic 

Diet: Animal Protein 

What to eat: Lean beef, lamb, turkey, chicken or fish (bass, cod, halibut, sole or rainbow trout are good examples), kelp, seafood, and salt (in small doses).

What to avoid: dairy, eggs, gluten, wheat germ, beans, legumes, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and mustard greens.

Workout: Running, swimming, cycling and weight training. You thrive on intense workouts and sweating, it also helps to regulate any stomach problems or ulcers.

Personality: Known for leadership skills, extroversion, energy and focus. If you skip on your diet, stop exercising or slip into a negative mindset, watch out! You become angry, hyperactive and even manic.

After reading this, I went back to my childhood. Growing up in Michigan with uncles that hunted regularly, I was priviledged to a generous amount of meat. I never saw anything wrong with eating meat until I moved out to Los Angeles in the land of Raw, Vegan, Paleo and Vegetarian. I was looked at strange because I ate meat and taught at a yoga studio. And even today when I tell people I am eating meat again I get looks and glares of all sorts. 

I will tell you that eating meat (all organic is a must!) has made me feel content. I feel satisfied and I feel ready to tackle my workouts. I am careful as to how much meat I eat but I will tell you that I am back to eating meat (sorry to disappoint) and that there is truth to eating true to what your body craves, and how your body was designed to function at its highest capacity.


**More to come about other blood types. If you are interested in learning more about this topic, pick up the book "Eat Right 4 Your Type: 4 Blood Types, 4 Diets" By Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo

No comments:

Post a Comment