Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Are you wealthy?

What does it mean to be wealthy?
Do you need money, posessions or just a sense of security?
Write it out, think it but decide before reading this what wealth means to you.

I came across this article on yahoo! I was so appalled that we even care about this anymore that I had to read it. It goes on to say that the average person feels that if they make $161,000/year they are wealthy. I would say that one if I cared at all that sounds like a good amount of money but most importantly what does that buy me?!?

So, I sat around this week and literally googled what I could buy for that much money. Here is my list, I know there is literally an entire book I could write about this but just continue to read.

What you can buy for $161,000....
1. 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet (MSRP $149,000)
2. Rolex Oyster Cosmograph Daytona Watch ($104,125)
3. Diamond Studded Nike Boots ($218,000) -Ask Daddy for the extra $57,000.00
4. 1970 Enstrom 280C Helicopter ($120,000)
5. 42' Hunter 420 Sailboat ($128,500)
6. Hermes bracelet in rose gold and diamonds (4.73 carat), 2" diameter ($133,000)
7. A meal for 830,000 people @ $5 a person ($161,000)

Not being centered around money = ($PRICELESS)



I find that the more time I take out for myself to journal, take a yoga class or meditate the less I want to spend money on myself. It is nice to have things but it is better to be wealthy in quality friends, good quality food and a healthy body. This is my wealth, it is where I spend my money and why I talk so much about it.

What does wealth mean to you at the deepest level? Write it down and be honest with yourself. I wrote down a couple different options only to cross them all out and write down LOVE. In capital letters and with a big heart around it. I feel rich, wealthy, blessed and truly full of joy when I am loved. That feeling of no judgement, love that only comes out of time and respect for another person. It took me awhile to get where I am writing this article, it started on a purple yoga mat that has long been passed along. But that feeling of being loved has never left. Money cannot fill it up and knowing all the people will never compare to that one person that or even if you are blessed a couple of people that you can honestly say that you love.


I am teaching a donation yoga class at Lululemon-Santa Monica on December 16 @ 9:30am come out and donate what you would spend at lulu this month to Off the Mat, Into the World and amazing non-profit organization. You can learn more about them at offthematintotheworld.org



No comments:

Post a Comment