Saturday, December 29, 2012

Last Year To New Year

I am so blessed to have this day to contemplate all that has happened this year. I turn inward and reflect upon all that has happened in the last year. I lost myself, my sense of who I was and until that was challenged to the core I never knew who I was. But I know that you will always be in that cycle of finding out more, growing and becoming a better, more vibrant person.
Last year was all about finding myself, learning to be alone, to be confident and to define who I am, what I want and how I am going to get there. 
This year is all about knowing who I am and growing through that knowledge. 



1. Eat Clean, Healthy Food. I am doing 21 days of Raw in January and I will continue to eat as clean and as healthy as I can throughout the year. Splurging at times and especially when my body craves something sweet but everything in moderation and with conscious thought of how that is promoting a healthy, more energetic version of myself.

2. Take time out for me everyday. Take a class, read a book, go for a walk alone but everyday I must take 15 minutes, at the minimum out for myself.

3. Listen. Open up my ears and my eyes not just to people but to my surroundings. I live so close to amazing parks, beaches and museums and I rarely ever go. I will be devoting time off to this and if you would like to join me I would love to have field trips with friends at any time.

4. Give Back. As much as I already do this I want to really make it a point to give of myself, my talents and my knowledge more. I want to train people that are unable to afford it and show people that you can work out anywhere, anyplace and at anytime.

5. Surf. I want to devote time to surfing more. Just like yoga it connects me to this raw feeling of being with nature. Being patient, watchful and ready for anything that will come my way. It is my goal to surf as much as I can both here in LA as well as abroad.


6. Walk. Walk as much as I can, walk my dog, walk to the store, to the beach and just take the time to see all that I miss if I was in my car. Ed, you inspired this one and while I am not as ambitious as you once were I will try my best!

7. Read. I am someone who thrives on education and learning. When I stop learning I feel irritated, stagnant and stuck. I want to read as much as I can and I challenge myself to write about that more in my blogs. To educate, to inspire and to lead!




1 comment:

  1. Wow! I don't think I've ever actually inspired anyone to walk more or even get mention in a blog post. I am honored.

    You are an inspirational teacher in many ways. You have laid out an impressive and admirable set of actionable concepts that I would be proud to follow, except perhaps the surfing (I'm not a water person). I might even be encouraged to write again, as I've taken a break from writing for quite some time. If you are interested in seeing some of my writing about one of my walks, check out my blog at edwirpsza.com.

    Thank you Katie for your teaching, your encouragement, and your energy!

    ReplyDelete