Sunday, January 6, 2013

tergiversate

There is a lioness down the hallway...

......put on your lion's mask and wait.
                                                                                                 --Bukowski




We all wear a mask, the key is to seeing the eyes behind the mask, look into their soul, the heart that beats into those eyes and see that we are all the same.

We desire union in our lives. We have family, friends. We get married. We have clubs, organizations, foundations that unite a common belief in which we all stand upon. Yoga is about union, uniting breath and movement, the busy life with meditation and action versus inaction. I question myself through times of change and I call upon those that I am close to in my union to gain wisdom and advice. 


A union is made in order to advance common goals and to secure common interests. When you find that friend that you "click" with it because of this union.  

In this quest for union, I see disconnect. I see a caste system. 


Am I no less prone to mistakes, error and failure. Am I merely a human just like you. I am doing my best, just like you are. We are all the same. We are all equal. I want people in my life who accept that while we agree in our union, each person that walks past me is equal in struggle, in pain and in growth. We are all capable of being amazing given the ability to shine. Find the union between the people that show up in your life. They are there to teach you as much as you are to teach them. Some will be there for a minute, a year and the lucky ones are there for a lifetime. 

1 comment:

  1. beautiful KR - love the Lion on the front --- a union i made in Zimbabwe and still have *

    ReplyDelete